Tuesday, September 11, 2012

outlast

i'm sick of trying so hard.
trying to stop. it's always been hard,
but isn't that what life is about?
doing hard things?

i was stupid. trying to push you away
like that. thinking it would make me
more happy. i was totally wrong.
it made me worse. i need to stay
strong, but still stay.

it was a strange realization,
while i started to listen to the music
you gave me. i started to cry.
i don't cry.

but when i saw that you put songs
with lyrics meant for me, it
meant that you still care. even if
you didn't mean it that exact way.
it was hope. that's all i need.

i'm done trying so hard to get
rid of you. it's too much work.
cause, it might not get me anywhere.
and what's the point in that?

everything happens for a reason,
certain people come into your life for
a reason.

i think i will just stick to that.


-kara



1 comment: