Sunday, August 12, 2012

danger

That same sad girl. The one that hid her face when she saw certain people. That girl who would smile, but look down. Scared of others, and what they would think. That girl who let a single boy control what she thought, and wanted, and did. The little girl who let people take her when they needed. That sad girl is gone.

I'm not that girl I once was. That need for affection has wondered off. I have grown. Not taller, maybe a little larger. I don't care anymore. I  want to do what I want. I no longer want what I have wanted for two years. Feeling like I'm finally free from his grasp, totally rad.

I smile for no reason now. Just the thought of living makes my heart leap. Feeling loved. I feel okay about myself. I don't think I've reach full true happiness, but I think some of it found me.




But hey, that girl? She couldn't be happier.


-kara





1 comment: